Unlocking the potential of remote monitoring for EV charging infrastructure
To date in 2023, over 20% of new vehicle registrations we either fully electric, or plug-in hybrid electric
Because of this the landscape of electric vehicle charging infrastructure is rapidly evolving, and ensuring the reliability and efficiency of charging stations is paramount.
This is where remote monitoring technology comes in to play, revolutionising the management and maintenance of EV charging infrastructure. In this post, we will explore the power of remote monitoring and its potential to unlock the full potential of EV chargers, anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. As a leading provider of connected services, Teletrac Navman is here to offer insights into the benefits of utilising a third-party remote monitoring service.
The challenges of managing EV charging infrastructure
Operating and managing EV charging infrastructure presents various challenges for operators and managers. Technical faults, connectivity issues, maintenance delays, and customer complaints can hinder the seamless operation of the stations. Overcoming these challenges requires pro-active solutions that go beyond traditional maintenance approaches.
So what actually is remote monitoring for EV charging infrastructure
Put simply, remote monitoring is a game-changing technology for EV charging infrastructure. It utilises advanced sensors, data collection, and real-time monitoring to track the status and performance of charging stations. Operators can gain valuable insights into charging station availability, power consumption, and potential issues, and remotely takeover and fix issues without physically being on site.
Key benefits of remote monitoring
By implementing remote monitoring for EV charging infrastructure, operators can enjoy a range of benefits. Teletrac Navman Connected Services offers the following key features and advantages:
- Early Fault detection: Remote monitoring enables operators to detect potential faults and issues before they escalate or affect a user, reducing downtime and maximising charging station availability
- Proactive Maintenance: With real-time data and alerts, operators can proactively schedule maintenance and repairs, ensuring optimal performance and minimising disruption
- Enhanced User Experience: Remote monitoring allows operators to monitor charging station availability and provide real-time updates to EV owners, ensuring a seamless and satisfying charging experience
- Optimised resource allocation: By analysing data collected through remote monitoring, operators can make informed decisions regarding resource allocation, ensuring efficient use of maintenance personnel and minimising costs
Key benefits of using a 3rd party remote monitoring service
Many EV charger suppliers have resources to provide support for customers, for example live chat or telephone support. However, utilising a 3rd party supplier, like Teletrac Navman Connected Services offers key advantages above an in-house support service.
- Expertise and support: Partnering with a specialised remote monitoring service provider ensures access to expertise and support from professionals who understand the intricacies of EV charging infrastructure all across the world.
- Scalability and flexibility: Third-party services can scale and adapt to evolving needs, accommodating the growth of charging networks and seamlessly integrating with existing infrastructure
- Language support: Teletrac Navman connected services can assist customers in all major European languages. That means support for all EU27 countries, the United Kingdom, Mexico, United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and with our follow-the-sun concept we can be available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, anywhere in the world.
Numerous companies have successfully implemented remote monitoring for their EV charging infrastructure, experiencing tangible benefits.
From reduced downtime and improved customer satisfaction to optimised maintenance schedules and data analytics, operators have witnessed transformative results with companies like Teletrac Navman Connected Services.
As the EV charging industry continues to evolve, the future of remote monitoring holds even greater promise. Advancements in predictive maintenance, artificial intelligence, and data-driven insights will further enhance operational efficiency and optimise the user experience. Embracing remote monitoring as a fundamental component of EV charging infrastructure management will pave the way for a sustainable and thriving EV ecosystem.
Our business development team are keen to hear from EV charging suppliers and demonstrate how partnering with Teletrac Navman Connected Services can help to scale and grow their business with enhanced operations. To speak to one of our BD team, click the link below.